Thank you for your interest in becoming an approved carrier for Swift Transportation.
Below are some of our key requirements in order for your company to qualify as an
approved carrier. All elements identified as 'required' must be completed in order
for the qualification process to be completed. If your company is not compliant
to one or several of the qualification criteria, you may return at another time
to register once the non-compliant items are corrected.
To become an Approved carrier for Swift Transportation you must provide and meet
the following criteria:
- Provide your MC/MX# or DOT# to begin registration. Intrastate carriers without a
DOT# may provide an applicable state registration number to begin registration.
- Carrier Contact must be authorized to enter into and bind your company to Swift
- Validate or provide the carrier contact information.
- Submit an electronic W9.
- Complete the Carrier Profile.
- Read and ACCEPT the "Swift Transportation Agreement".
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance that meets the insurance minimum requirements
below. Certificates must be submitted from your insurance producer (agent);
- $100,000 Cargo Coverage
- $1,000,000 Auto Liability Coverage
- $1,000,000 General Liability Coverage
- Any carrier with more than 5 employees requires WC. (If employee count grows greater
than 5, carrier must immediately supply WC.)
- If RMIS does not already have a copy of your certificate
on file, we will request one for you from your insurance agent (producer).
- You will be required to meet the following Swift Transportation
Carrier Compliance Requirements:
- Safety Rating must be Satisfactory or None.
- Companies must have active Common or Contract Authority
- Companies with Broker Authority cannot register, and must contact the Swift 3PL
- Unsafe Driving -- score must be EQUAL or LOWER than 65% (NON HazMat) or 60% (HazMat)
- Fatigue Driving score must be EQUAL or LOWER than 65% (NON HazMat) or 60% (HazMat)
- Driver Fitness score must be EQUAL or LOWER than 80% (NON HazMat) or 75% (HazMat)
- Drugs/Alcohol score must be EQUAL or LOWER than 80% (NON HazMat) or 75% (HazMat)
- Vehicle Maintenance score must be EQUAL or LOWER than 80% (NON HazMat) or 75% (HazMat)
- All Carriers must have appropriate Federal, State, or Provincial Authority.
- Financially stable.